This evening workshop will take place in the dramatic dark skies of the Shingle Springs area–which instructor Joe Fischer knows very well. Joe will show you how to combine night photography with light painting so you can capture the heavens with unique items of interest.
This workshop will take place near Sacramento at a place that is perfect for learning with great night shooting conditions.
You’ll learn how to set up a composition just before sunset. You will be instructed on how to create images with stars or the Milky Way Galaxy while light painting unique items of interest. The techniques you’ll learn include how to:
- Use the night sky to create astonishing images
- Plan your shots with software so you can save time and pre-plan great compositions
- Adjust the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO for night shooting
- Focus the lens in complete darkness
- Use a Pixel Stick to create unique and colorful night images
- Techniques for light painting objects
- Combine light painting with a night sky composition to capture the beauty of both elements
- Use an intervalometer or manually create star trail images
- Tripod: You must have a tripod to do this type of shooting
- Camera: DLSR or camera that can be used with fully manual settings